Every time you apply for a job, industry expectations and trends change. Whether you have just graduated or are looking for a career change, it is helpful to have a guide. A guide who can help you create a job application that is targeted and effectively communicates your value to future employers or map your career path.
Have you heard of a resume review? It is a service that reviews your resume and then makes it sparkle. An Application review is similar but more holistic. When you do an application review with me, we will review your resume, cover letter, key selection criteria and your online presence. The full application review process includes:
- An initial consultation to uncover your goals.
- A reviewed resume, cover letter and key selection criteria with notes on where improvements can be made to.
- Checklist for future applications.
Optional: include a review of your LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram. We’ll cover how to use your social media to enhance your job hunt.
To help you understand exactly how a career coach can help, I want you to consider these questions: Do you feel inspired and challenged by the work you do? Have you reached an impasse and need help planning your next career move? Do you know how to articulate your particular value and skills? Need someone to show you how to break into the GLAMR sector (Galleries, Libraries Archives, Museums and Records Management)?
Career Coaching is a one-on-one activity that promotes self-discovery, creativity and a new outlook on your professional goals. The basic pathway of Career Coaching sessions includes:
- Initial consultation to determine your expectations and a timeline for future sessions.
- One-hour sessions over a month or three-month period to work on your goals.